Join Our Team
Looking for a Part time Pet Sitting or Dog Walking job in North County San Diego?
Established in 2004 and located in Encinitas, we are committed to assisting pet owners with reliable care for their furry family members while they are away on vacation or working extended hours. If you’re an animal lover, pet sitting and dog walking for Claws and Paws Pet Sitting Service could be the cat’s meow for earning extra cash.
It’s a satisfying gig, but make sure to keep in mind that it’s meant to supplement your income, not be the main event for paying rent or a mortgage.
Do you prefer working outside? There's no boring desk job involved here!
Becoming a pet sitter involves much more than simply taking a dog out for a walk. It’s a significant responsibility that we take very seriously. Providing care for someone else’s beloved pet requires a great deal of attention to detail and a high level of accountability. That’s why we use our app to keep our clients updated on the welfare of their pets and home. Ensuring their peace of mind is our top priority.
At Claws and Paws Pet Sitting Service, our team members are meticulously selected through a rigorous application process. This includes a police background check, an in-person interview, and a minimum of two weeks of hands-on training. Ongoing training is available as needed. You will be trained on and meet all pets before handling them.
We offer pet sitting, dog walking, feedings, medication administration and litter cleanup. Vet tech experience is a plus, but not necessary. We can train medication administration including injections & subcutaneous fluid administration.
If you have an extremely flexible schedule, own a smartphone, love animals and prefer an active lifestyle, then becoming a pet sitter is the right fit for you!
We’re hiring for UP TO 20 hr a week pet sitter shifts.
Your Dream Job
Playing with Puppies and Kitties and Earning a Good Wage! We offer a competitive compensation package for the right candidate: $16.00 per hour, plus $.655 cents per mile driven. Drive time between animal’s homes is paid. For example, you can earn around $16 for a half-hour dog walk with gas reimbursement and drive time included. Plus, you’ll receive extremely generous tips on top of your pay! And the best part? It’s an excellent opportunity for all animal lovers who want to have fun and earn a good wage.
Questions to consider if you want to join our team
- Do you have experience caring for either your own pets or other people’s pets?
- Would you prefer to work in an outdoor setting?
- Are you someone who has a flexible schedule and can work on short notice?
- Are you excited about the opportunity to earn $16 hourly starting pay with the potential to receive raises at milestones, in addition to mileage reimbursement, paid drive time, and tips?
- Would you be interested in taking on supervisory or administrative roles in the future?
- Are you available to work between 5-20 hours per week?
- Do you enjoy the companionship of pets who will greet you with excitement at each and every job?
- Do you have access to a reliable vehicle and a smartphone?
Encinitas, La Costa, San Elijo Hills, Lake San Marcos, Rancho Santa Fe, Cardiff, Solana Beach
We service all the cities above so you must be willing to drive to animals located in all of them, not necessarily on the same day, however this job requires a lot of driving sometimes 30+ miles a shift.
The slobbery kisses at each visit makes it all worth it.
Are you a Good Fit for our Team?
- Able to walk for a minimum of three miles per day?
- Willing to drive more than 30 miles daily?
- Capable of handling dogs of all breeds and sizes, including large untrained dogs that pull?
- Willing to take animal behaviour, CPR, and First Aid classes?
- Able to work during most holidays? Please note, we do not hire seasonally and this position requires a full-year commitment. New hires must work at least one major holiday.
- Available for four days per week and flexible to work varying hours between 8:00 am – 10:00 pm? (Note: No overnight or live-in positions available)
As of October 2023, we are currently hiring for pet sitters with availability totaling 5-20 hours a week only.
Starting at $16/hr. + Tips + Paid Drive Time + Tax Free Gas Reimbursement of $.655 cents a mile + at least $5/month cell phone reimbursement + Split Shit Bonus of $15.50 when you work shifts with more than 2 hours break between them in the same day, depending on your regular hourly pay.
$10 Holiday bonus for each visit done on a Holiday. $10 bonus for each visit cancelled by the client with less than 24 hours notice. $5 extra pet bonus for each dog over 2 in a visit.
Employees accrue paid sick leave at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked.
Pet CPR certification paid for by us. Criminal Background check paid for by us.
Opportunities for additional hours are available for additional learning, marketing online and dropping offour business cards at vets and pet stores.
Major Holiday Requirements for Position
To be eligible for this position, full availability is required of new employees during the major holidays. Keep in mind that you may not receive Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas or New Year’s Day offentirely and must be available to work at least six hours on any of those days.
Additionally, no vacation time will be granted during Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas week or New Year’s week. However, we recognize the importance of work-life balance and make an effort to ensure you can celebrate the holiday meal with your family.
Please make sure to take note of these requirements before applying.